sweet dreams

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Dear Olive,
I really don't know what to say here. Because how could I use mere words to describe the loss of someones child? With heavy hearts, we travelled up to the central coast to go to Banjo's 'life party' last week. Watching Mic and Jilly and the kids carry in Banjo in his 'time machine' was one of the most unbearably heartbreaking things I've ever seen. Somehow, though, they have met this terrible tragedy with grace and dignity, which has been so inspiring to everyone around them. They've chosen to focus on love, and I hope they feel the outpouring of it that is coming to them from so many. It was such a present force in the room that day; amidst all the tears, there was such love. I'll be holding them all in my hearts for a long time to come. 
Without a second thought, they donated Banj's organs, which I thought was a magnificent and courageous decision. The tragic loss of Banjo then meant the gift of life to five young kids. If you're in Australia, and you would like to be an organ donor, the best thing you can do is register your wishes on the The Donor Register so in the event of an accident, your family can feel secure that their decision was also yours.
Sweet dreams, Banj. Live on in happiness.


5 comments:

Nell said...

It is so unbelievably sad Kellie, and I've been thinking about you and your family every day. What courageous people they are; so inspiring in the midst of such tragedy. My heart goes out to you all, sending love and light xxxxx

Gaby said...

I'm so, so sorry. That is absolutely heartbreaking. Sending your family so much love xoxo

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

It's such a tragic thing and I am so saddened by it. Our community is heartbroken by Banjo's death and I think many realise how fleeting life can be and how it could happen to any of us at any time! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. xx

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to read this. Sending so much love to you and all your family though I wish I could do something more meaningful than that.

Alex Sunday said...

you've been in my thoughts lots often. sending love. xoxo

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger